A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony can play a key role in your promotional efforts along with the opportunity to meet community leaders and potential new business connections.
Is Your Business Eligible?
The Troy Chamber of Commerce and The City of Troy would like to help your business facilitate a ribbon cutting if you:
- Opened your business within the last year
- Are celebrating an anniversary
- Have moved to a new location
- Remodeled or expanded in your present location
Ribbon cuttings are subject to availability. We typically hold ribbon cuttings Monday thru Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm, provided they do not conﬂict with any other Chamber activity or event.
The Chamber cannot assist with ribbon cuttings after 4:00pm or on weekends and holidays.
The Troy Chamber of Commerce and The City of Troy jointly coordinate ribbon cuttings for businesses opening in the City of Troy. (The Troy Chamber can also work with you to coordinate ribbon cuttings for member companies outside of Troy).
If you are not a Troy Chamber member, we suggest you consider joining ﬁrst so you can take full advantage of the beneﬁts available to you for a successful event. As a member, the Troy Chamber can assist you with one or more of the items below:
- Email announcements can be sent out regarding your ceremony to more than 2,200 business professionals within the Chamber (depending on how you would like to promote).
- Targeted email invitations can be sent to Chamber Board Members, Ambassadors, community leaders, etc. (attendance is based on availability).
- The Troy Mayor and City Council (if available) will present your business with a Welcome to Troy proclamation and your information will be included in an upcoming issue of the City’s quarterly newsletter, Troy Today.
- Event publicity with option for Facebook Live of your ceremony and photographs featured in the TC Insider, a weekly eNewsletter sent to all members.
- Large ceremonial scissors and ribbon will be provided for your ceremony.
Our Focus is Your Business